Peels & Microdermabrasion
At ReNue, we specialize in medical-grade, minimal-downtime procedures for beautiful, healthy skin. Unlike products or treatments from a beauty counter or day spa, microdermabrasion or chemical peels at our Calgary and Airdrie clinics produce visible results. These treatments are innovative yet proven, and can be customized to address a wide array of skin concerns.
If you would like to experience microdermabrasion or one of the many chemical peels our Calgary and Airdrie clinics offer, request a consultation or call us at 403-221-4497 (Calgary) or 403-945-0350 (Airdrie) and one of our helpful staff members will schedule your appointment.
Chemical peels accelerate exfoliation to improve the quality and appearance of your skin. Natural mild acids are applied to the skin to loosen dead skin cells and make way for newer healthier cells. Chemical peels are effective for controlling acne, treating aged and sun damaged skin, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and improving uneven skin tone.
PCA SKIN® Peels
We offer PCA SKIN® peels which are light to medium in depth and are extremely versatile. This is our most intensive peel regimen, and it is often combined with many of our PCA SKIN products such as high-potency serums, retinols and salicylic acids, or with a Calgary BOTOX® treatment for maximum results.
- PCA Peel® Hydroquinone Free Exfoliating Treatment - This peel is ideal for more sensitive skin types, ethnic skin and/or those allergic to hydroquinone. This treatment will help unclog pores, clear acne and rejuvenate the skin.
- Ultra Peel® I Exfoliating Treatment - Specially formulated to treat dehydrated, maturing skin, Ultra Peel® I is also appropriate for many skin types, conditions and sensitivities.
- Ultra Peel® Forte Exfoliating Treatment - Those with resilient skin who have more dramatic wrinkling, sun damage and acne scarring are the most suitable candidates for this deeper and more active treatment.
- Sensi Peel® Exfoliating Treatment - This gentle solution is formulated primarily for ethnic skin, and other extremely sensitive skin types. Sensi Peel® will strengthen and brighten the skin while helping to treat sun damage and other forms of hyperpigmentation (skin discoloration).
AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) Peels
We use glycolic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that is derived from sugar cane. Glycolic acid peels can vary in their concentration, and are good for treating skin conditions such as sun damage, fine wrinkles, acne and uneven or patchy skin. Certain formulations of glycolic acid peels may also stimulate collagen growth.
Melasma is a darkening of the facial skin, resulting in macules (freckle-like spots) and larger patches. It commonly affects the cheeks, mid-forehead, jaw line and areas around the mouth, and occasionally it spreads to involve the sides of the neck. It usually affects women, typically starting between the ages of 30 and 40. Triggers include estrogen supplements, birth control pills, pregnancy and others. Melasma is sometimes separated into epidermal (skin surface), dermal (deeper) and mixed types.
Melasma can be very slow to respond to treatment, so patience is necessary. Generally a combination of the following measures is helpful.
- Year-round sun protection. Use a broad-spectrum SPF30 sunscreen
- Bleaching creams inhibit the formation of melanin by the melanocytes. They include: Hydroquinone 2-4%, Azelaic, Kojic and Salicylic acid.
- Glycolic acid skin care products and professional peels.
- Topical retinoids, such as tretinoin.
- Applying mineral makeup to help conceal the affected areas.
- Manhattan Pigment Peel is a revolutionary treatment for people frustrated with procedures that provide little or no benefit. Using a specialized peel unique to ReNue, results include significant brightening of the skin and lightening of melasma and hyperpigmentation. The Manhattan Pigment Peel also improves blotchy discoloration as well as the tone and texture of your skin.
- Silkpeel dermoinfusion treatments utilizing Lumxiyl and Vitamin C
- Destroying the pigment with an intense pulsed light device – this is possibly the best treatment for a quick result but several treatments may be necessary.
Results take time and even in those that get a good result from treatment, pigmentation may reappear on exposure to summer sun and/or because of hormonal factors.
Manhattan Pigment Peel Before & After Photos
This patient had a blotchy, uneven tone to her skin, but improvement in skin tone is visible after just 1 Manhattan Pigment Peel treatment. Additional treatments will reveal additional improvements.
Our clinic in Calgary offers the latest in microdermabrasion technology, SilkPeel™ Dermalinfusion – one of the most dynamic skin treatments available today. It is the only procedure that provides both non-invasive exfoliation and delivery of skin-specific topical solutions, leaving patients with fresher and moist feeling skin. SilkPeel is safe and painless, allowing patients to achieve optimum results on an accelerated basis without the complications and discomfort associated with more invasive procedures. In addition, SilkPeel is unique because it does not use crystals or other abrasive particles that can irritate the skin or become inhaled into the lungs. SilkPeel effectively treats all skin types and addresses a wide range of dermatological conditions including hyperpigmentation, acne, photodamage, dehydration and fine line wrinkles. To achieve the best results, ReNue recommends a series of 6 treatments spaced 2 to 4 weeks apart, as well as regular use of quality skin care products in Calgary. For general maintenance, a treatment once a month is ideal for most patients.
Traditional or dry microdermabrasion is available at our Airdrie medical spa location. When performed by our highly trained aestheticians, this treatment can improve the appearance of brown spots, photo damage, fine lines, and improve overall skin texture and appearance.
SilkPeel™ Before & After Photos
Client's concerns were mild acne, uneven skin tone, and large pores on her face. Client is shown after 3 Silk Peel treatments spaced 2 weeks apart (1.5 months from time of first set of pictures).